In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the AIDS Day, at the jubilee event hosted by the AIDS coordinator (Cesida), the Del Cognou square in Madrid has been designed with a well-known poison called Easter Flowers. EFE / Sergio Barrenechea
World AIDS Day provides WHO 10 HIV / AIDS data:
Data 1. HIV infects the cells of the immune system
Infection leads to progressive degradation of the immune system and reduces the ability of the body to fight some infectious diseases and other illnesses. In the latest stage of HIV infection (human immunodeficiency virus), AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) is defined by the occurrence of one or more opportunistic infections or more than 20 possible cancers.
Data 2. Forms of HIV transmission
- Sexually transmitted infections (vaginal or anal) or ancillary contact with the infected person.
- Transplantation of contaminated blood and blood products or contaminated tissue transplantation.
- Replacement of solutions or injection equipment (needles, syringes) or equipment used for contaminated tattoos.
- Use of surgical equipment or other contaminated tools.
- Transferring from mother to child during pregnancy, childbirth or lactation.
Data 3. Prevention of HIV transmission
- Avoid risk when you are sexually active, such as using a condom.
- Passing screening tests
- Do not use sterile needles and syringes.
- Make sure the blood or blood product is tested for the necessary HIV.
- Access to voluntary medical men's dormitudes, if they live in one of 14 countries promoting intervention.
- If you have HIV, you should start antiretroviral therapy quickly and in no circumstances should you turn on HIV or sexual partners or drug users or infants (in pregnant or breast-feeding).
- Use pre-exposure prevention before high risk behavior; If exposed to HIV, there is a need for post-exposure prevention.
Data 4. There are 36.7 million HIV infected people in the world, the vast majority of countries with low and low incomes. About 35 million people died of AIDS, including 1,1 million in 2015.
Data 5. Combined with combination of antiretroviral therapy prevents the reproduction from HIV.
Data 6. In the middle of 2016, 18.2 million people received antiretroviral therapy in the world.
Data 7. HIV testing helps to provide treatment for those in need.
Data 8. It is estimated that 1.8 million children of HIV infection will suffer.
Data 9. Removing the mother from giving birth to a baby becomes a reality.
Data 10. HIV is a major risk factor for active tuberculosis.
Early Detection Declaration of HIV
According to the Ministry of Health, Consumer and Social Welfare, currently 140,000 to 170,000 people with HIV are living in Spain, 18% of whom have not yet been diagnosed.
Only in 2017, 3,381 new diagnoses have been made, which is about 7 patients per 100 people, and this indicator is expected to grow.
According to the Association of Patients, "prevention is what we are doing", as well as early diagnosis of the virus. Thus, the Spanish Society of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology (SEIMC) and the AIDS Research Group (GESIDA)Provision of recommendations for early detection of HIV infection«
1 It is necessary to encourage early diagnosis of HIV testing and to reduce the number of people not diagnosed.
2. Even though there is an intense test and self-test, the exact diagnosis is established only in special laboratories.
3. The test should be voluntary, secretive, with the consent of the person to be made and to the public.
4. You may be asked for advice from any doctor. It is also made in some pharmacies and NGOs.
5. The test is in some cases a necessity of donating blood and organ, as a supplement to the augmentation technique of the auxiliary man, and receiving and receiving the seeds.
6 The test should always be available to pregnant women, prisoners in penitentiary institutions, and sexually active sexual activity ranging from 20 to 59 years.
7. It is recommended that people infected with HIV be tested with persons with signs and symptoms of certain body fluids (blood, sugary, pre-milk fluid, vaginal and rectal secretion, and breastmilk). / or symptoms of infections and tumors associated with HIV.
8. The negative effect does not exclude the last infection (up to three months depending on the test in the last two weeks), so in case of exposure to the same period, repetition of HIV should be performed within 2-4 weeks and after three months.
9. If the result of the test is positive, it is necessary to confirm it, in which case further analysis is needed to determine the stage of HIV infection and start antiretroviral treatment.
10. If HIV infection has been confirmed, antiretroviral therapy should start early because it can not detect the virus, improve protection, improve quality of life, and virtually prevent the transmission of infection to others.