Probiyotics are often assigned to children after gastroenteritis. The effectiveness of these drugs is not supported by rigorous research to restore the intestinal flora (or intestinal microbiology). However, two studies were published on November 22, 2018 New England Medical Journal – The results of the research on probiotic effects in the United States (10 hospitals) and Canada (six hospitals) Lactobacillus rhamnosus (USA) and Lactobacillus helveticus (Canada). These two bacteria can contribute to the good health of microbiotics. About 1,800 children between the ages of three months to four years were included in the study. When they came to Gastroenteritis emergency room, they were randomly divided into two groups. According to researchers' observations, according to their research, Half of the children chose probiotics for five days, and the remaining half received the same place without the parent who knew what kind of group they belonged to.
Placebo or probiotics? The same result
There was no difference in probiotic or placebo days. In both cases, vomiting, diarrhea, nephrology and gastroenteritis were similar. " For Dr. Thomas LaMont, he publishes an editing editorial,In other cases, especially in the treatment of certain diarrhea in children and adults, do not doubt the probiotic interest. These two studies only relate to gastroenteritis for two probiotic bacterial strains. But they clearly indicate exactly what to choose Lactobacillus rhamnosus or Lactobacillus helveticus should not help children to heal. " In some of the least developed countries of the world, gastroenteritis is important, especially if it is a small child. This disease remains a major health problem.
Beware of child dehydration
In small children, especially in children under 2, gastroenteritis can have severe consequences. The main danger is dehydration.
Some practical advices during gastroenteritis in children:
- Respect the food hygiene to prevent microbial poisoning, especially respect for the coolness of the product for the freshness of the product and the frozen dishes.
- Always wash your hands: In order to prevent gastroenteritis, you need to change your hands before and after each bottle. Do not put chickens or spoons in the baby's mouth.
- Do not allow children to drink bottles or replace tableware during an epidemic.
- Breastmilk: Meal nutritionally good for breast milk intestine.
- Baby bottle sterilization: Do not just wash them with brush.
- Avoid dangerous and non-mineral water during your journey.