If you do not need Today, the new router, there are many great options in the market. If your current device is good enough and would work, I would recommend stopping the update. Why? A major change to the wireless Internet – 802.11ax, as well as Wi-Fi 6 These new routers offer high speed and bandwidth, but some, eventually, offer WPA3 – security and the latest security standard.
Today, NETGEAR introduces two-way Wi-Fi router – Nighthawk AX8 and AX12. Each model trail is filled with exciting features, but also has wild designs. They look almost like the sharks on their right and left sides. Is it too much for many homes? Absolutely. However, if you like new and shiny things, and you're ready to be the best dollar user ever, you want to focus on yourself.
Also, READ: Wi-Fi receives a great new name scheme
"Wi-Fi Router 6 improves performance on your network, and WiFi devices have high speeds. Download 4K, Ultra HD Movies, Download Large Files, and Compatible Handling AX WiFi supports all Wi-Fi devices and is backwards compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and earlier generation WiFi devices, "says NETGEAR.
The company says: "Wi-Fi streaming increases the bandwidth, speeds up the MU-MIMO and 1024 QAM by providing AX WiFi much faster. AX WiFi offers a wider range than previous generation WiFi standards. From your swimming pool and garden office, Skype is easier than ever before to save fast, reliable connections with great costs. «
NETGEAR will share the following information about the new 802.11ax Nighthawk router. You can click on the links for further reading.
Nighthawk 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router (RAX80): This router is the first home router in the industry supported by the combination of two Gigabit Ethernet ports, which allows the data to be quadrupled higher than previous standards, with the support of AX WiFi OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 160MHz and 1024 QAM network efficiency improves
- 8-AG WiFi with a speed of up to 6 Gbps
- Optical and low contact with OFDMA
- 4×4 MU-MIMO
- Powerful 1.8 GHz four-core processor
- Set up a Gigabit Wi-Fi connection for compatible mobile devices and laptops
- Two (2) USB 3.0 ports
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM up to 40MHz, up to 1.2 Gbps
- 5GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) up to 1024 QAM 160MHz, up to 4.8 Gbps
- Six (6) 10/100 / 1000Mbps- (1 WAN and 5 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
Nighthawk AX12 Stream 12 AX6000: High speed 6Gbps high speed WiFi and AHX 64 Gbps processor 4GHz dual-core processor smart home applications, ultra-slim 4K UHD streaming, online gaming and more. AX WiFi is an orthogonal multi-part availability (OFDMA) capability that significantly increases network power compared to daytime WiFi for Wi-Fi experience for home-based Wi-Fi devices.
- Stream 12 stream with AX WiFi streaming at 6 Gbps
- OFDMA – Increased network capabilities of optional devices
- 8×8 MU-MIMO
- Ultra-powerful 2.2 GHz four-core processor
- MultiGig Ethernet port 5G / 2.5G / 1G
- WPA3 supports the latest and most recent WiFi security protocol
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 20 / 40MHz, up to 1.2 Gbps
- 5GHz AX: 8×8 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80/80 + 80MHz, up to 4.8 Gbps
- 802.11a / b / g / n / ac compatible with WiFi
- Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 WAN and 4 LAN
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet port unit
- 5G / 2.5G / 1G Multi-Gig Ethernet LAN port
Netgear AX12 has a pair of size, which is a good hardware and promise to WPA3. Unfortunately, it will not be available until the beginning of 2019 at an uncertain price. However, the AX8 will be sold in December at $ 399.99. In fact, you can pre-order it now here